In this course, author Tanzil explains what search engine optimization (SEO) is and how you can start using it to increase your website’s visibility to search engines and attract the right kind of traffic to the right kinds of pages on your site. Discover how to read a results page and find your ranking, and see how rankings affect both large and small businesses. Then find out how to implement basic optimization strategies, like conducting keyword research, building inbound links, optimizing your pages and content, and measuring your successes and progress while planning for a long-term SEO strategy. SEO for ecommerce, local search, and an international audience round out this comprehensive look at the basics of SEO.
– What is SEO?
– Understanding how search engines index content
– Researching keywords
– Using SEO tools
– Optimizing pages for keywords
– Optimizing code and site structure
– Building links to your content
– Optimizing non-text components of a web page
– Analyzing content quality
– Defining your audience, topics, angle, and style
– Promoting your content via social media
– Measuring SEO effectiveness
– Setting up Google+ Local
– Building links for an international audience
– Optimizing ecommerce sites for search