There are two sides to search engine optimization (SEO): on-page and off-page optimization. Off-page means getting links from other websites to point back to your site, which strengthens your site’s position in search engine results. In this course, author Tanzil dissects the anatomy of a link, explains how links affect page ranking, and reveals the properties that make an excellent inbound link. The course also evaluates reciprocal linking; link building via press releases, blogs, and articles; and the importance of using quality links that are search-engine friendly.
– Understanding Google PageRank results
– Analyzing links
– Building local and directory links
– Working with article syndication services
– Creating link bait
– Distributing links of social networks
– Buying links: the pros and cons